• How do I access online course resources?

    Catholic University currently uses the Blackboard learning management system. This system allows an instructor to post a syllabus, lesson material, course documents, and related material to a secure and restricted website. Students are granted access to this site for the duration of the course, and can access the course materials from their Internet browser at any time of day or night.

    To log onto Blackboard, go to blackboard.cua.edu. Use your Catholic University network logon user name and password to log onto Blackboard. These are the same credentials used to log onto campus computers.
  • How do I check my grades?

    You can access your grades through Cardinal Students. Log onto Cardinal Students and follow this path (all located in the main menu on the left side of the page): Self Service>Enrollment>View My Grades.
  • HELP! I cannot complete my course requirements. How can I get an Incomplete grade for the course?

    The provisional grade of "I" (Incomplete) is given only to a student who has not completed the requirements of a course for legitimate reasons, provided the work thus far completed in the course is of passing quality. The grade of "I" may not be given to one who has simply failed to meet the academic requirements of the course on time.

    Incomplete grades must be removed before the mid-semester of the succeeding term whether or not the student continues in residence. If the incomplete is not removed by the mid-semester, the incomplete will be recorded as a grade of "F" (Failure).

    Under extraordinary circumstances, but before the date of the mid-semester following the reported incomplete, a student may petition the instructor of the course and the dean of the school in which the student is enrolled for an extension of the period normally allowed for removal of the incomplete.
  • HELP! I missed an exam in one of my courses. What should I do?

    Contact your instructor as soon as possible, and explain the situation. When going to the meeting, be sure to bring any relevant information for the legitimate missing of the exam (such as reasons for missing, doctor’s note, etc.) and possibilities for rescheduling the exam.

    The final decision concerning rescheduling the examination, however, remains with the course instructor.
  • What happens if I fail a course?

    It is suggested that you contact the instructor of the course to determine why you failed the course.

    If you believe you received a failing grade for reasons other than academic progress, you are entitled to appeal the failing grade. The process can be found on the Policies website.
  • What happens if my grade point average falls below 3.0?

    There are minimum academic standards one must uphold in order to maintain scholarships. Failure to maintain requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress may affect your scholarship eligibility, government loans, grants, etc.